Monday, January 21, 2013

february wreath


Something I would like to do this year is to have a new hand-made wreath on our front door every month. You can see the one I made for January here. I'm pretty happy with it. I wanted to search around for different ideas for February. I settled on this one and this one as my favorites and decided to make them both.... one for the door and one for a special place inside. This past Thursday, my buddy S and I decided to each make the argyle "sweater-ish" wreath together. We had loads of fun! 

We used this awesome tutorial at Life, Love, & Photographs. (Thanks, Mary!) I can't make any improvements to Mary's tutorial, so I'll just share some photos. Pictures clockwise from top left corner:
  • Wrapping wreath form with yarn - most time consuming part
  • Placing cut out felt hearts
  • Tracing pattern on felt
  • Finished product!



This was a pretty simple project and I'm happy with the results. Because of the door knocker I have, I usually just hang my wreaths on the fish and put a ribbon around his tail. 

What would I do differently? I wouldn't use quite as much hot glue. On the lighter hearts you can see where the glue has bled through just a little. 

More to come on wreath #2! See my sidebar for the link parties I'll be sharing with this week!

15 comments:

  1. I love your argyle heart idea - so cute! Thanks for sharing! I found you on Skip TO My Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I would love it if you linked up to my party : http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com/2013/01/manic-monday-1_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the argyle heart. I just love anything argyle.

    I'm having a STRUT YOUR STUFF Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and come show off your best projects. Or, just come link up your blog!!

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/strut-your-stuff-social-hop.html

    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling. I'm crazy about wreaths, and i love this one. It looks great, and totally doable. Thanks for sharing it! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath is adorable! I love decorating for all of the Holidays. I am visiting from Coastal Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cute!!! I love argyle hearts!!!!! xx m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely argyle look and great colors ~ I always like the grapevines for a beginning to a wreathe ~ great tutorial ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative and inspiring idea. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful job you've done! I the color combo too. Found your wreath at At Glimpse Inside's party. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Nice job on the wreath :) I'm visiting via CED and am also one who reuses and upcycles things. I'm thinking of trying the wreath idea with t-shirt yarn and shapes cut from old sweatshirts or felted sweaters. I'll let you know what turns up! Thanks for the inspiration and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute! It totally looks like argyle - I thought for sure you had made it out of socks or tights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the argyle and the color you chose! Pinning for future inspiration!

    Have a great weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the argyle style except with hearts ;-) visiting thru 504 Main's Party

    ReplyDelete